Sunday, September 23, 2007

Assignment 7: give me liberty or give me death

1. I learned from the document i read that patrick henry was the son of John and sarah henry two people who played a role in the revolutionary era. Henry was a symbol of Americas struggle for liberty and self-government. Patrick was a lawyer who was very good in politics and was a strong believer in the rights of citizens to bear arms; to have guns. Henry fought for this cause, he wanted rights for the people and their freedom. Henrys powerful words and most memoriable words were "Give me liberty or give me death"

2. The thing that surprised me the most about what i read was that because of Patrick henrys actions had something to do with the british march on on concord and it is to be said that; that was the beginning of the American Revolution.

1 comment:

carrie said...

You were supposed to read his speech. Your reflection seems like it is based on Patrick Henry's biography... The second paragraph is fine except for some small errors (capitalize I and last names).

As is you earned 18/30 points. If you redo the first paragraph, you can earn more points.